Commercial Landscape Maintenance Manager
Our Commercial Landscape Maintenance Manager will have strong leadership, time management and communication skills. They will bring to the table the desire to develop new business by utilizing their sales experience and knowledge of the industry. The Commercial Landscape Maintenance Manager will supervise the commercial maintenance team. They will be seeking a position where they will be able to apply their years of experience and knowledge to promote the advancement of the organization.
- Develop new commercial maintenance clients through cold calling, networking and promptly responding to incoming inquiries.
- Build a robust sales pipeline and take complete ownership of the sales process.
- Site visits of potential clients to collect data needed for bid preparation.
- Prepares, presents and closes bids.
- Prepares final contracts, obtains necessary signatures and submits finalized contracts to Controller.
- Preparing invoices outside of maintenance contract utilizing QuickBooks software.
- Promptly responding to client inquiries, complaints and issues.
- Monitor irrigation systems to ensure adequate efficient irrigation.
- Visit client properties to assess quality maintenance standards and act promptly upon any deficiencies.
- Make necessary suggestions to existing clients for grounds improvements.
- Manage snow and ice buildup removal in timely fashion when event occurs.
- Assist Controller in resolving any outstanding balances on clients accounts.
- Directly supervise commercial maintenance foreman and crews with 2-5 employees on each crew.
- Interviewing, hiring and providing completed documents to HR Manager to onboard new employees in timely fashion while adhering to regulatory guidelines.
- Training, assessment and development of employees.
- Ensure employees are equipped with necessary personal protection equipment.
- Ensure employees comply with safety standards.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Planning, delegating and reviewing daily tasks with crew foremen.
- Reviewing daily timesheets for accuracy utilizing GPS tracking software.
- Facilitate conflict resolution between employees.
Division Leadership- - Attends Leadership Team meetings and trainings. - Reports division goals and outcomes to leadership team. - Present suggestions and/or solutions to company goals/challenges. - Ensure proper use, care and inventory of company vehicles, equipment and tools assigned to division. - Assist with company projects and events.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of landscape/horticulture experience.
- Current valid Driver's License.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Understanding and proven track record of the selling process.
- Ability to use handheld tools and mechanical machinery used for landscaping maintenance.
- Cuts lawns, trims and edges around walks, flower beds and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees.
- Rakes and bags leaves.
- Cleans grounds of debris and litter.
- Plants flowers, grass, trees and shrubs.
- Waters lawns and shrubs.
- Sharpens handheld tools.
Additional Skills and Knowledge-
- Pesticide certification.
- OSHA 10hour/CPR certified.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ground maintenance equipment operation and safety practices.
- General office equipment operation.
- Computer - Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point and minimal QuickBooks.
- Ability to recognize plant species/names and diseases and or pest challenges.
For the right professional we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous base salary, paid holidays, vacation, Simple IRA and health plan.